3.31.2008

Just a Few Quotes

These are just a few of my favorite lines and quotes from various songs, movies, and elsewhere.


"Wear the old coat, and buy the new book." -Austin Phelps

"No matter what they tell you, you don't have to stay in the lines." -Natalie Portman in Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." -Philip Seymour Hoffman in Almost Famous

"I never realize how much I like being home unless I've been somewhere really different for awhile." -
Ellen Page in Juno

"I just like being a piece of furniture in your weird life." -Ellen Page in Juno

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."

"In a pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish."

"I'm not the next of them. I am the first of me."

"Never trust a dog to watch your food."

"Some people are like slinkys. They're not really good for anything, but you still can't help but laugh when you see one tumble down the stairs."

"For a long time is seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid.
At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life.
Happiness is a Journey, not a destination." -Alfred D'Souza

"Welcome to the grand illusion
Come on in and see what's happening
Pay the price, get your tickets for the show
The stage is set, the band starts playing
Suddenly your heart is pounding
Wishing secretly you were a star.
But don't be fooled by the radio, the tv or the magazines
They show you photographs of how your life should be
But they're just someone else's fantasy
So if you think your life is complete confusion
Because you never win the game
Just remember that it's a grand illusion
And deep inside we're all the same."
-from "The Grand Illusion" by: Styx

No comments: